Shure MX393/C Microflex Boundary Microphone
The Shure MX393/C Microflex Boundary Microphone is a surface-mounted electret condenser microphone designed primarily for mounting on conference tables, stage floors, and lecterns. Its high sensitivity and wide frequency range makes it perfect for picking up speech and vocals in sound reinforcement and recording applications. The MX393/C's cardioid pattern picks up sound in a 130-degree angle, and rejects off-axis noise to the rear of the mic.
Shure's Microflex MX300 Series microphones take advantage of the principle that, at a barrier or boundary, sound pressure level doubles. When placed near a sufficiently large boundary surface, the microphone has 6 dB higher sensitivity and approximately 3 dB greater direct-to-reverberant sound ratio.
The Shure MX393/C model includes an internal preamplifier, detachable cable with XLR output connector, programmable membrane on/off switch and on/off indicator LED. Programmable switches offer the flexibility to be set for PuSHto Talk, PuSHto Mute or PuSHOn/PuSHOff modes.
Attractively designed with a low profile, professional appearance, the MX393/C Microflex Boundary microphone comes with an easy-to-use paint mask for your custom-color installations.
- Flat frequency response across the vocal range for uncolored sound
- Cardioid polar pattern indicated by the /C model number suffix, with 130-degree pickup angle
- Sleek, low-profile design for surface mounting and unobtrusive appearance
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Programmable on/off switch and LED on/off indicator SPECS: Frequency Response: 50 to 17,000 Hz
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Output Impedance: EIA Rated at 150 ohms (180 ohms actual)
Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -27.5 dBV/Pa (42.2 mV)
Maximum Sound Pressure Level (1 kHz at 1% Total Harmonic Distortion, 1 k ohm load): 117.0 dB
Signal to Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL): 71.0 dB
Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted): 23.0 dB
Dynamic Range: 94.0 dB
Common Mode Rejection: 45 dB minimum, 10 Hz to 100 kHz
Switch Attenuation: 50 dB minimum
Preamplifier Output Clipping Level: -6 dBV (0.5 V)
Polarity: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output connector.
- 11 to 52 Vdc phantom
- 2.0 mA current consumption
- Operating Temperature Range: -18 to 57 degrees C (0 to 135 degrees F)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 10 x 5 x 4 in