Atlas Sound FAPSUB-1 8" Tuned & Ported 60W @ 70.7V/100V Ceiling Subwoofer System
The Atlas FAPSUB-1 8 inch In-Ceiling Subwoofer has a 8" driver with and 8 ohm impedence, so amping is a breeze! The back can, or ensclosure, has been designed specifically for this 8 inch speaker which was, of course, designed and built by Atlas Sound. The Atlas FAPSUB-1 8 inch In-Ceiling Subwoofer features an efficient, 3-pole filtering network and crossover that blocks all high frequencies from the woofer, leaving with with only the rich, deep and warm bass that your ears crave! The frequency response is more than impressive for an 8" woofer, driving lows down to 45 hz! Tuned and ported is the name of the game and Atlas has been doing this for years! Robust and versatile, the deep drawn steel enclosure provides that bass necessary for a high quality, fluSHmounted system!
The Atlas FAPSUB-1 8 inch In-Ceiling Subwoofer has a special low saturation 70.7V/100V transformer is included with 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30 and 60 watt primary taps (@70.7V) to match and balance the subwoofer with full range speakers without the need for separate amplification. A convenient front mounted selector switch allows tap selection without the need to remove the speaker from the ceiling.This tap selector switch also includes a transformer bypass setting for 8 ohm direct coupled applications.
Atlas FAPSUB-1 8 inch In-Ceiling Subwoofer Features
- Attractive Grille and Bezel Matches Aesthetics of Other Atlas Sound FAP Series
- Detachable, Phoenix Style, Locking, Four-Pole Connector Provides for Easy Daisy Chain Wiring
- Easy Installation in Drop Tile or Sheetrock Ceilings via C-ring/V-rail Tile Bridge and "Dog Leg" Mounting System (Included)
- Front Mounted Tap Selector Switch for Easy System Tuning Adjustments Includes Transformer Bypass Setting for 8 ohm Direct Coupled Operation
- High-Efficiency, Passive Crossover Network Eliminates the Need for Dedicated Amplifier and/or Active Crossover
- Low Crossover Point Greatly Reduces Localization (Ability of Listener to Identify the Subwoofer Location)
- Uniquely Designed, "Easy Access" Input Panel Design Allows for "Thru" Conduit Runs Using Flexible or Rigid Conduit
|Speaker Type||In Ceiling Sub|
|Power Taps||1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, 60 Watts & 8?|
|Frequency Response||45Hz - 120Hz|
|Diameter||15 3/4" (40.005 cm)|
|Certified to Safety Listing||UL 1480|