Shure SM87A Vocal Microphone
The Shure SM87A microphone is a professional-quality, handheld condenser microphone. This mic is designed for use in sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording installations. Its supercardioid polar pattern provides greater rejection of unwanted sound sources, making it ideal for making individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting or for making single sources in a reverberant or noisy environment. An integral three-stage wind and pop filter protects against wind and breath noise. Its built-in shock mount reduces stand and handling noise.
SM87A Features and Specifications:
- Highly directional supercardioid pickup pattern
- Controlled low-frequency roll-off
- Very low RF and magnetic hum susceptibility
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Built-in wind and pop filter
- Transducer element shock mounted
- Rugged construction for outstanding reliability
- Field-usable over a wide range of temperature and humidity conditions
- Accepts a wide variety of phantom power sources, including DIN 45 596 voltages of 11 and 52 Vdc
Cartridge Type Condenser (electret bias) Frequency Response 50 to 20,000 Hz Polar Pattern Supercardioid Output Impedance Rated at 150 ohms (100 ohms actual /- 20%) Recommended minimum load impedance: 800 ohms Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz) Open Circuit Voltage: -52.5 dBV/Pa (2.4 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL) Clipping Level (at 1,000 Hz) 1000 ohm Load: -6 dBV (0.5 V) Maximum SPL (at 1,000 Hz) 140.5 dB (0.25% THD, 1000 ohm load) Self-Noise (equivalent sound pressure level; measured with true rms voltmeter) 24 dB typical, A-weighted 26 dB typical, weighted per DIN 45 405 Dynamic Range 116.5 dB (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level) Signal-to-Noise Ratio 70 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)* *S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and product's equivalent self noise (SPL A-weighted). Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3. Power Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at both pins 2 and Current Drain: 1.0 to 1.2 mA Connector Three-pin (XLR) professional audio. Case Aluminum construction with steel grille and satin black finish.
- sound reinforcement