Tascam SD-20M Solid State Recorder with Mic Inputs
Easy-to-use, single-rackspace SD card recorder with XLR mic inputs.
TASCAM’s SD-20M is a simple-to-use solid-state recorder for demanding installations. The 1U rackmount includes a pair of microphone preamps with phantom power for direct microphone recording. Both the mic inputs and line inputs can be recorded simultaneously in four-channel mode. The dual recording mode captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, as insurance against distorted takes.
The SD-20M includes a battery backup system – AA batteries can keep recording for hours in case of power loss. A wired remote or footswitch can be attached to control recording and playback. Variable speed playback allows the playback to be changed without affecting the pitch.
Designed for installations like schools, house of worship, and conferences, the TASCAM SD-20M is a flexible, affordable solution for long-form recording.
SD-20M Features at a glance
- XLR/TRS combo inputs on the front
- Simultaneous recording of 4 tracks is possible using the 2 mic and 2 line inputs
- Dual recording function
- In addition to the AC adapter, 4 AA batteries can provide power as a backup, enabling operation even if AC power is interrupted
- Common SD/SDHC/SDXC cards are used for recording media
- Support for SDXC cards up to 128 GB enables recording for even longer times
- Support for high-resolution recording up to 24-bit/96kHz using WAV/BWF formats
- MP3 formats are also supported, allowing recording for even longer times
- Variable Speed Audition (VSA) function, which allows playback at 50–150% normal speed (in 10% increments), is convenient for uses such as language practice and transcribing meetings
- XLR/TRS combo inputs (with locking mechanisms) support +4dBu, enabling balanced input from mixers and other devices, and mics that require phantom power (+48V)
- RCA inputs support -10dBV line level, enabling unbalanced input from mixers and other devices
- Automatic recording function starts recording when the set audio input level is detected
- File incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating new files at times set in advance and whenever desired
- Pre-recording function allows the unit to record the 2 seconds of sound before recording is activated
- Automatic level function allows recording to always be at the optimal level
- Limiter function automatically reduces parts to suitable levels if the input level is too high
- Jumpback playback allows you to press the PLAY button once during playback to move back a few seconds and resume playback
- Playlist function
- Mark function convenient for moving to specific locations during playback
- Divide function allows files to be split at positions set with the mark function and wherever desired (only with WAV files)
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- Resume function remembers the playback position when the unit is turned off
- Low cut filter with three cutoff frequencies (40/80/120 Hz)
- Japanese display supported
- 1U rackmount size